Cimexleaks: Photo Dump
I previously posted that I would soon publish a Wikileaks style cache of Anti-Cimex photos sourced from an anonymous operative. Here it is!
1. This one you may have already seen. Recently revealed data suggest that the punk with GBH on his leather is Charlie of Anti-Cimex. The photo was taken at a Shitlickers gig.
2. L–R: Two members of Anti-Cimex (Charlie and Jonsson) at a young age, accompanied by two handsome friends.
3.Jonsson hanging out with members of E.A.T.E.R. during the recording of "Doomsday Troops." Apparently he wanted to contribute back-up vocals but Ernst et al demurred.
4. Color! Here's a photo of Anti-Cimex playing in Göteborg with Discharge's banner in the background. This gig was a legendary two-day festival at Sprängkullen.
5. Jonsson, feeling fine.
6. Jonsson playing drums on an outdoor stage for an unknown band. Ten years ago, I reported in MRR that Jonsson played drums for a time in Product Assar, who appeared on the first Really Fast compilation LP and BCT's uber-classic cassette "I Thrash Therefore I Am." No idea what band is depicted in this photo, but it appears to me to date from more toward the mid-80s, and I do not think Product Assar still existed at this point. Anyone have any further details? Other photos in this series depict a guitar player who looks like Lemmy.
7. Undated live photo, likely from the 90s.
8. Here are four photos of Anti-Cimex playing a gig in Fagersta, Sweden, on May 4, 1991. GBH headlined.
That's all for now. I have more photos to be share some day in my own under-bed archive, and I'm sure there are many more moldering in other creeps' archives. Cimexleaks expects another dump soon.
To close, I would like to share this excellent article by Slavoj Žižek on Wikileaks and the farce of politics today, wherein "we can no longer pretend we don’t know what everyone knows we know."